Flowetry Essentials Workshop
Learn how to paint luminous abstract art in a friendly space with the guidance of internationally selling artist + teacher HILARY PAIGE (BFA, ExAT, RTC)
WHO THIS IS PERFECT FOR
· someone on their personal growth journey or wanting more creativity in their life!
· a birthday party, ladies night out or paint + sip
· couples or family bonding (intimate or group)
· company team building
W H A T : An immersive painting workshop blending easy technique and creative skill building with sheer play and self-discovery!
W H E R E : in-person at Hilary's bright and spacious studio in the historic Parker St. Studios, East Vancouver.
W H E N : Date + time is arranged through email upon booking. Can be afternoon or evening, weekday or weekend.
W H Y : Because you want a fun, supportive experience to tap into your creativity and explore this exciting beginner-friendly medium!
L E N G T H : 2 hours
Alcohol ink is a fluid art known for being ephemeral and magically unpredictable. Hilary guides you in the basics of FLOWETRY - her visionary approach to painting with inks that incorporates mixed media like acrylic and mica. Mica is a gorgeous, soft mineral that creates beautiful luminosity and sparkle.
Hilary guides you in empowering processes with an emphasis on discovery, pleasure and play - all meant to ignite your creative flow state. No previous arts experience necessary (beginner's mindset actually benefits!) A supportive and judgement-free space for all abilities.
WHAT YOU'LL MAKE + WHAT'S INCLUDED
· Studio tour, artist introduction, basic material orientation & demonstration
· All materials for three paintings sized 8" x 8"
· Beautiful guided processes for relaxing into the moment + connecting to self
· A post-workshop digital resource package including the workshop's playlist and one of Hilary's favourite arts-based exercises
· 10% voucher towards art, a commission or future workshop
MORE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EXPERIENCE
· Creating at the famous Parker building
· A memorable introduction to the medium
· Candid stories of Hilary's creative journey
· Exciting live demo of Hilary’s unique process
· Encouraging guidance while you create
· A myriad of ways to access art and the creative process for personal expansion
· IN A GROUP ; co-create and hold space together in shared processes that foster connection, collaborative approaches, & healthy vulnerability
Hilary Paige is a life-long visual artist (BFA Emily Carr) and creative facilitator (Registered Expressive Arts Therapist and RTC). She creates soulful abstract art inspired by the celestial, the elements, and the human experience. She helps people tap into the fullness of their self-expression through empowering creative processes.
"Join me in my cozy studio accompanied by twinkle lights, groovy tunes, and inspiration all around. I wholeheartedly promise you’ll leave the workshop feeling connected, with personally meaningful art and an experience to be cherished."
E-TRANSFER, CREDIT + CASH ACCEPTED - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO:
STANDARD DISCLAIMER OF PRECAUTIONS & RISKS
This medium works with Isopropyl Alcohol and Alcohol Ink. Measures are taken to ensure the studio space has active and continual airflow. If you have respiratory issues I strongly advise to bring your own ventilator mask. You will be provided an electronic Liability Waiver which I require to be signed before the creative process begins.