DISCOVER HOW TO CREATE BEAUTIFUL ABSTRACT ART WITH ALCOHOL INK & MIXED MEDIA
Come by yourself! Or in a group up to 12 people.
This experience is in-person. Hilary hosts you in her funky studio at the historic Parker Street Studios, East Vancouver.
Workshop is 3 hours in duration.
Date and time is arranged on case-by-case basis through email upon booking when it aligns for both facilitator and attendee/s. Event can be arranged for the afternoon or evening.
"Join me in my cozy studio accompanied by twinkle lights and draped fabrics, groovy tunes, and inspiration all around. I wholeheartedly promise you’ll leave the workshop feeling connected, with personally meaningful art and an experience to be cherished."
A workshop exploring how to create luminous abstract art with the ephemeral medium of alcohol ink.
Weaving together her learnings as a visual artist and philosophies as an Expressive Arts Therapist, Hilary Paige reveals a different side to this fluid artform by incorporating mixed media and empowering processes to ignite creative flow state. This workshop offers an expanded perspective of alcohol ink and it’s medium capabilities. Hilary guides with an emphasis on process, pleasure, and play vs. final product.
This style of workshop blends technique and creative skill-building with sheer play and self-discovery. You will learn about full coverage vs. negative space, creating luminosity with embellishments, and accentuating movement with acrylic ink.
Heart-centered guidance includes pausing, less is more, moments of surrender vs. moments of bold action, opening to the flow of intuition, and reconnection to your inner child.
* No previous arts experience necessary (beginner's mindset actually benefits!)
* A supportive and judgement-free space for all abilities
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EXPERIENCE
· Studio tour inside the iconic Parker building
· A memorable introduction to the medium of alcohol ink via Hilary’s essential materials & unique processes
· Hilary shares personal stories of her creative journey
· Demonstration of Hilary’s process
· Her gentle and curious guidance while you explore the inks
· A myriad of ways to access art and the creative process for personal expansion
· A playful creative writing exercise
· IN A GROUP ; co-create and hold space together in shared processes that foster connection, collaborative approaches, & healthy vulnerability
· CREATE a triptych if attending solo, and a diptych + co-creative piece if in a group
· All materials
· Hilary's Extra Love Resources to revisit time again
· 2 material lists, a playlist to call forth your inner muse, and an everyday arts-based exercise and journal prompt to cultivate curiosity
· 10% voucher towards art, a commission or future workshop
PRECAUTIONS & RISKS
It is recommended to use PPE (personal protection equipment) as a precaution against potential respiratory danger. I provide N90 masks and gloves which is up to the individual to use. If you have respiratory issues I strongly advise to bring your own ventilator mask.
With my experience I feel it is reasonable to work without a respirator for short periods of time in a well ventilated area.
That being said this is not medical advice..You will be provided an electronic Liability Waiver which I require to be signed before the creative process begins.